Saturday 22 September 2007

Giving isn't a burden

"Giving ain't taking without the need. Giving is trying to be in the position to let others have what U created, and definately is realizing Ur position that distinguish U from others.Giving is if U are in the better position to let others get from Ur extra drops and bundles, and yet again, U part with some extra more." Simon (frequent visitor of this blog)

So remember when I posted and asked what is giving to you? Well as seen above one of my favourite Youth Vibes visitor wrote as stated. I said I would explore this a little more!! I found this on the net...

"a virtue, means to bestow, especially officially, confer; to accord or tender to another, to entrust to another. This is the Law of all creation: Give and you shall receive. "Give, and it shall be given unto you, good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again." "Every good and perfect gift comes from above, from the Father of Lights. ..."

Giving to me is when you help those who haven't the ability to help themselves build up their lives, courage, strength, growth, with food, shelter, a shoulder to cry on or just to listen. You do not need to be wealthy to give, if you have strength give your strength, if you have wisdom give your wisdom. Like for example, I might be starting my PHD soon (I know what you are thinking 23 and burrying yourself in books, ooh well, just wanna be called a doctor really :P) On a serious note, I have been told by many why not become a teacher in rural areas? If I had the ability or the passion I definitely would. There is a company called CSV which allows you to give. I remember last year they wanted people to volunteer their services to go to Guatemala to build a village, why not if you can (I couldn't go as I went home for christmas). At times they need volunteers to just help paint someone's house in London because the person maybe disabled or in bad circumastances that do not allow them to do as they please. And they do this for all in need if they can reach you.

I always look at it like this, as young people volunteering gives you a nice CV. I remember when I was 16, me and my best friends then, decided we would volunteer at a disability charity every saturday. All we had to do was show up, and there would be planned activities, such as singing, dancing, learning, puzzles etcetera... We enjoyed it so much but we never realised that we were actually making our C.V. look good as well. Until recently, when I applied for a marketing assistant job in Computer Aid International, that's when I realised it would help later. At the time I felt good about giving and still feel good about it, at times sad because of the illnesses I saw that made me thank God for what he has given me.

If you have time, give
If you have money, you can give
If you have clothes that are wearable or new that you don't even wear, give
Giving is an option not an obligation but it does give you a guarantee of a fresh heart.
And remember te Phrase "Giving is receiving."

No comments: